Well 10 pounds in the first week felt great. I mean it really helped get me pumped up even more. I am feeling really motivated and psychologically on fire. I will post in a few days about one of my most serious attempts to lose weight in the past and how it ultimately failed. It had almost everything to do with my mental state. I do realize that there will come in a point in the (near) future where I will most likely hit a wall, but I am in such a different place mentally this time. I feel unstoppable.
Here is a short recap on what I did for the past week that led to a 10 pound loss. Remeber that I am not doing “calendar” weeks, but rather Thurs to Wed with weigh-in on Thurs mornings…
- 5/5 – I consumed 1690 calories and I exercised for 30 minutes while burning (apprx) 288 calories
- 5/6 – I consumed 1725 calories w/ no exercise
- 5/7- I consumed 1350 calories and I exercised for 30 minutes while burning (apprx) 303 calories
- 5/8- I consumed 1500 calories w/ no exercise
- 5/9- I consumed 1630 calories and I exercised for 30 minutes while burning (apprx) 317 calories
- 5/10- I consumed 1563 calories and I exercised for 30 minutes while burning (apprx) 310 calories
- 5/11- I consumed 1719 calories w/ no exercise
After looking back I see that I was borderline unhealthy in my calorie consumption. My goal is 1900 calories per day until I get into more of a routine with exercise and have lost some weight. 1900 calories per day will still see me losing weight. I will be making adjustments in my consumption to make sure that I am eating enough. Any thoughts from health experts out there?
Also I am trying to make sure to eat lots of protein and high fiber foods. AND LOTSA LOTSA WATER. I will post an actual food diary in a little bit for anyone who might be interested in seeing exactly what I am eating.